NuCycle Battery Processing
Aceleron conducted a trial of its battery processing service in partnership with Brunel University. End-of-life staff laptops were taken and assessed for potential reuse.
- 148 cells were tested all of 18650 format.
- 4 cells identified as unsuitable for reuse.
- Average state of health for the sample was 89%.
- Waste reduction of 80% by mass.
- Total energy capacity viable for reuse 1 kWh.
- This trial successfully demonstrated the NuCycle battery testing process.
- A lot of waste can be mitigated by reusing perceived end-of-life batteries.